I am Dr. Shameem Ahmed. I am a tenure track Assistant Professor at the
department at Western Washington University.
I am the director of the ICTD (ICT for Development) Research Lab,
an inter-disciplinary research group at Western Washington University.
I am also a co-director of the NEAT (Next Generation
Effective Affective Technology)
research group. My research interest lies in the intersection of the following areas: HCI, ICTD, mHealth, and
I collaborate with researchers from several disciplines (e.g.,Computer Science, Information Science,
Business and Management, Social Science, Library Science, and Medicine) who came from all
over the world.
- Email: [Shameem.Ahmed] at [wwu].[edu]
- Mail: Department of Computer Sceince (CF 491)
Western Washington University
Bellingham, Washington, USA
- (2019) Track co-chair of Mobile Computing Track at
- (2019) Poster Accepted at ACM ASSETS 2019.
- (2019) Poster Accepted at IEEE VIS 2019.
- (2019) Poster Accepted at Garce Hopper 2019.
- (2019) Co-organized BDCAA, a COMPSAC workshop.
- (2019) Presented our paper at IEEE COMPSAC 2019.
- (2019) Invited Panel Speaker at Washington TEALS 2019.
- (2019) Paper Accepted at IEEE COMPSAC 2019.
- (2019) Gave a presentation at
ACM SIGCHI Summer School.
- (2018) CHI Paper presentation!
- (2018) On behalf of WWU, we participated
TEALS program at
- (2018) Monsur received outstanding graduate student award!
- (2018) Ted received outstanding undergraduate student award!
- (2018) Paper accepted at
ACM COMPASS 2018.
- (2018) Paper accepted at ACM CHI 2018.
- (2017) Ted won second place at ACM student Research competition at Grace Hopper, 2017!
- (2017) Ted receiveed outstanding poster award at Western's Undergraduate Scholars Poster
- (2017) Three posters accepted at Grace Hopper 2017.
- (2017) Two papers got accepted at IEEE COMPSAC 2017.